Monday, July 4, 2005

Non-Ham QSO in 40M Ham Band

Dear Hams,

Today morning when I was scanning the 40M Ham Radio Band (7.000 MHz - 7.100 Mhz) at 07:30 am IST, I found some non-ham QSO going on at 7.038.5 MHz. There are more than 5-6 transmitting stations. They are not using any callsign for identifying themselves. Only they asking another station by calling city name. They are mainly doing QSO in between BERELI, MORADABAD, VARANASI, RAIBERELY & KANPUR and also some other city name. I can't follow their messages properly, but they are announcing or forecasting some numeric figures. Their language was Hindi.

I monitored that QSO till 8:00 am IST. Primarily they are using that 7.038.5 MHz in USB Mode. But some stations QSYed to LSB on same frequency for their urgent QSP.

All stations are coming at my end 59. But some stations even 59+40dB on my HF TRX display. My antenna is inverted "V" for 20 Meter.

I presumed that these stations from Uttar Pradesh Water Department. Because last year, during these heavy rain / monsoon months I heard some QSOs going on 40M Ham Band, same day-time. That time they were declaring the water lavel of the Ganges of various cities besides the river.

73s to you and happy monitoring.

No comments: